Schnitzel With Noodles
One of my favorite things to gift any time of the year is food. I am fortunate to live in a place with many small businesses that carry lots of local and artisan food items that make lovely gifts. Sauces, spreads, nuts, meats, cheeses, chocolates, and more, there are food gifts for any pallet. Here are a few of my favorite foods, who I give them to, and where to find them.
Lu Lu - Vergennes, Vermont
![]() | ||
| Photo Credit: Lu Lu Facebook Page | |
Ice Cream. Need I say more? Okay, I will. Lu Lu is an ice cream shop, but they sell other goodies too. Baked goods (my daughter loves their chocolate croissants), espresso, and a selection of sauces and chocolates. I love that they carry the Fat Toad Farm brand of caramel sauces. Not only is it the best caramel sauce you can find in a jar, but it makes a great stocking stuffer. It's worth mentioning that not all gifts need wrapping, so why not surprise someone with a freezer full of their favorite Lu Lu ice cream? Basil for me, please!
Makes a Great Gift For: Spouse, children (my daughter in particular), parents, in-laws, friends, coworker, or hostess gift. And everyone else in the entire world.
Dakin Farm - Ferrisburgh, Vermont
![]() |
| Photo Credit: Dakin Farm Facebook Page |
Gilfeather's Fine Provisions - Ferrisburgh, Vermont
![]() | |||
| Photo Credit: Gilfeather's Facebook Page | |
Makes a Great Gift For: Spouse, in-laws, parents, friends, co-workers, hostess gifts, and me.
Shelburne Market - Shelburne, Vermont
![]() |
| Photo Credit: Shelburne Market Facebook Page |
Poking around this store is a delight. It looks like a regular grocery store, but you might be happily surprised to see all the local goodies and artisan treats. I started shopping here regularly for the quality meat selection and quickly fell in love with the choices of bread, fresh produce, spices, and other local food surprises (check out their deli). I discovered these meat strips last year when I needed whole vanilla beans for a gift and I just happened to find these on an end-cap of an aisle. Turkey, salmon, venison, and chicken meat strips by EPIC ( $2.29/each) were a hit with my husband and son when I added them (last minute) to their stockings last Christmas.
Makes a Great Gift For: Husband, father, son (my 15 year old in particular), son-in-law, friends, hostess gift.
Vermont's Own Gifts & Goods - Middlebury, Vermont
![]() |
| Photo Credit: Vermont's Own Gifts & Goods Facebook Page |
Makes a Great Gift For: Husband, father, son, in-laws, friends, hostess gift.
If I have learned anything as an adult, it is that food makes people happy. Food is not only a good gift, but it can be a very personal and meaningful gift. Food is something that we share, and while many of us will not be with everyone we love this holiday, food can still make us feel close.












Comments
Post a Comment